How to gauge whether your company's happy talk about employees being its best asset has any basis in reality.
It has become a sad cliché: "Our People are our Greatest Asset." That hackneyed phrase doesn't mean anything in particular, so it's an easy bit of boilerplate to stamp on hallway posters and marketing brochures. When certain employers do elevate their talent-retention and team-welfare initiatives to the level of strategic priority, it's obvious.
Here are a Top Six not-walking-the-walk red flags:
1. The talent chief is a half-chief.
2. HR is a finance function.
3. Recruitment is a black hole.
4. HR is a cost-reduction unit.
5. You've outsourced the most critical people functions.
6. Org development and HR aren't one.
Read more here.
Attend Shally Steckerl’s FREE one hour LIVE sourcing chat - don’t miss Shally on the SourcersGuild network Tuesday, July 22 answering your Internet sourcing questions here!